zondag 30 juli 2017

Sunday Stamps: Stars, moon, planets

Today's theme of Sunday Stamps is stars or moon or planets.

Coincidentally my mail art colleague Cascadia Artpost sent me a stamp from the USA recently (received yesterday!), including all three items in one.
A stamp, issued in honour of the solar eclips which will be seen on 21st of August, mainly in the USA.

Three in one? Yes: the sun (a star), more or less hidden by our moon (the moon), seen from the earth (a planet).



The technique used for this stamp is - as far as I know - new in its use for stamps.
The mechanism is used for mugs, but now it isn't warm tea or coffee which reveals the image, it is the warmth of our own finger. Fortunately Cascadia added an instruction manual to it, as you see above.

When warmed up, you can see the moon!



See more stamps on stars, moon, planets at and via today's Sunday stamps.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks! You have reminded me that I MUST go and get this stamp!
    I am in Georgia and hope to drive a few hours north to see the eclipse in its totality. Wish me luck, everyone else will be going too! :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Kay! I hope you will get this stamp. And hope you'll enjoy the eclipse, it is such a special phenomenon (please don't forget to take the right measures to protect your eyes!).

      Verwijderen
  2. I must get this stamp too. I am wondering about driving south to see the complete eclipse, or stay where I am, see a partial eclipse.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hi Heleen, First of all I wanted to thank you for the thoughtful comment you left on my blog on July 23rd. I loved it when you said, "funny to read that one has to do research to know more about a research vessel." As they say these days, you nailed it with that! :-) I must say that your stamp collection is quite wonderful. This is a really neat post with this stamp and the way it shows the moon after placing finger on it. Very cool, and yes, three in one! Thank you for sharing your interesting blog! Wishing you a fine week ahead!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'd like to get this one!
    But the termal ink isn't a new technique on stamps. For instance, I think I have sent you this Christmas stamp: https://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site/coleccion-1363187475915-galeria_sellos_filatelia/detalle_emision-sidioma=en_GB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. A great choice for this week - two stamps in one!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I must get this stamp too. I am wondering about driving south to see the complete eclipse,


    ทางบ้าน

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen